The coffee history goes thousands years back in time and its discovery is based on many historical says and legends.The best known story tellers to the Ethiopian about 600 AD where a shepherd, called Khaldi,noticed his herd of sheep to act nervously when they eat the red fruits of a tree.
So he decided to try himself and he was astonished when he felt the same himself.Nearly was an Orthodox monastery and he revealed to the monks his experience.The monk gathered the seeds and after many tries ended up with a drink that they used to keep them awake for their night prayers.This as another country of the coffee we conceder Ethiopia. There is thought a second“mother country” and this is Arabia, becauseMany believe that it comes from Keffa, and once of Ethiopia. But in reality the name comes from the Arabic word Kasha, which means wine.In Europe first was known in the 17th century, as Arab wine. We must also notice that, as drinkable the coffee first was served in Arabia. B. The cultivating of the coffee plant and its treatment was made for many years inYemeni, who had the monopoly and the exclusivity. Later on, is known to the Muslims countries and through them got known to India, West Europe, and America.
The tree plants that gives us the coffee seeds is called “Keffea” a “ coffee plant”. This plant is almost as the Cherry tree and grows best in tropical areas and climates.There are about 66 varieties but the most important are the Kafea Arabica ( contains 1% caffeine) and the Kaffea Robusta ( contains 2% caffeine).The coffee seed needs about a year to ripen and take the red color. The coffee is the seed of this “ fruit”. The seeds taken away from the rest “body of the fruit” and with special treatment gives us the coffee we know.
The creation of espresso coffee started in 1822 in France with the invention of the first machine of untreated Espresso. This was taken by the Italian and the use of Espresso was the daily part of the Italians,In reality the term Espresso and describes the treatment and the way is prepared the kind of coffee.
This procedure includes a test ( 25-30 ) pouring steamed water coffee with the use of a special machine. That is the essential difference from the filter coffee.It also contains lesser quality of caffeine as the other kinds of coffee.The majority of blends of Espresso coffee come from Brazil, Colombia and other places where the Kafea Arabica can grow
The basic characteristics of good coffee are:
1) Taste: The since that leaves in once mouth which depends on the acidity and the bouquet.
2) The Bachets: The sense of smell that is connected with the sense of Taste.
3) Acidity: The most desirable characteristics of coffee which causes the tingling that acts as a stimulant for the senses of taste & smell
4) Density: The texture in the mouth of coffee and the thick or heavy sense that leaves us.
THE BASIC CHARACTERISTICS OF ESPRESSO
1) The look: The cream must be thick having brown color with very thin lines. Small or larger bubbles are not desirable.
2) The bouquet must be strong and to remind us aromas from flowers, fruits, nuts, chocolate, spices e.t.c.
3) The desirable taste is strong, thick and velvety.
KINDS OF COFFEE
The rest of the coffees take their names from the machines that they make it, or the other elements we mix in it, to prepare it cappuccino, Napolitano, mocha etc.
KINDS OF ESPRESSO
1) Regular ( straight)
2) Espresso Cappuccino: Coffee with wiped milk or wiped cream
3) Espresso Cappuccino Chiaro: light with less grams of coffee.
4) Espresso Cappuccino Scuro: Heavy Cappuccino with more coffee in the making. Dark color.
5) Espresso Fred do-Cold Espresso with ice served in a tall glass.
6) Espresso Doppio ( Double) with double portion of grounded coffee.
7) Espresso Macchiato: Regular with one table spoon of whipped milk.
8) Espresso Coretto: Regular with the mix of alcohol or a liqueur.
9) Espresso Lungo or Americano: Regular coffee where hot water is added.
10)Espresso Ristretto: Strong espresso. The grind take less steamed water and is served in a small cup.
11)Espresso Mochaccino: As we make Cappuccino we add chocolate with foamed milk.
12)No fun: Decaffeinated Espresso
You could read more information in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_coffee